Our mission is to share, serve, stimulate, facilitate, and build partnerships with like-minded organizations and individuals for sustainable development. We contribute to the development and advancement of the grassroots communities through alternative approaches to socio-economic development, education, capacity building of local communities, and empowerment of women and other vulnerable sector
We envision a world where people have access to a decent standard of living and the opportunities to develop their full human potential and participate actively in building a society where men and women, young and old, live in dignity and without poverty. We envision a world where common people, public and private sectors, work hard-in-hand for mutual benefit by harnessing our natural resources, skills, and opportunities in a sustainable manner that could contribute to improving the quality of life for the present and future generation. We build partnerships for development with like-minded individuals and organizations at the local, national, and international levels.
Wimler believes that:
- Poor people have the right to improved quality of life and active participation in the society.
- Our work should focus on building and strengthening community-based organizations.
- The legitimate aspirations of the local organizations should be valued, promoted, encouraged, and respected.
- The community-based organizations should be actively involved in deciding the types of programs and services that are good for them.
- Sustainable development is achievable if development is actively supported by local communities based on local ownerships, mutual respect, and trust.
- Entrepreneurial projects and job-creating activities with broad ground-level support could make a difference in the lives of the poor.